Nasolabial folds refer to the lines between the nose and the corner of the mouth, also known as ‘smiling lines’ or ‘laugh lines.’
Who Needs Nasolabial Folds Procedure?
Smiling lines can be found on almost every face. It is not specifically associated with age or some condition. Even young kids might have these lines.
- With time and age, these folds become deeper and clearer, and for most people, they look like a sign of aging.
- These lines also become much clearer after losing weight as the first area we lose weight from is the cheeks on the face, and then these two lines give a look of tiredness to our face.
- Sometimes these lines become more permanent because of the position of sleeping. If we sleep on one side more than the other, that side will have deeper folds in the nasolabial area.
The Procedure of Nasolabial Folds in Dubai:
At Derma One, we treat nasolabial folds or laugh lines with fillers in 2 ways:
- Direct Approach: Dr. Othman can go directly to the nasolabial folds, injecting filler in the lines. This is recommended for conservative people who do not wish to alter the look or anything about the face.
- Indirect Approach: Dr. Othman can also approach this part indirectly by injecting the filler in the cheek area. When filler is injected in the cheek’s region, it will automatically create a nice lifting for these folds.
After the Procedure
After our safe and painless procedure, you can expect the following results.
- Smoother appearance of your mouth and cheeks
- Stimulated collagen production, keeping it natural for a longer time
- Plumps your face up
- Little to no downtime