Radiesse is a dermal filler that is used for facial rejuvenation and volume restoration. It consists of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in a gel. Radiesse is primarily used to treat facial lines and wrinkles, as well as to restore volume in areas that have experienced age-related volume loss.
- Facial Wrinkles and Folds: Radiesse is indicated for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (smile lines), marionette lines, and chin wrinkles. It is commonly used to add volume and smooth out these areas, providing a more youthful appearance.
- Facial Lipoatrophy: Radiesse is approved for the correction of facial lipoatrophy, which refers to the loss of fat in the face. It can help restore volume to areas affected by fat loss, such as the cheeks and temples. This indication is particularly relevant for individuals with HIV-associated facial lipoatrophy.
- Hand Rejuvenation: Radiesse is also indicated for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the dorsum of the hands. It can improve the appearance of tendons, veins, and wrinkles, resulting in smoother and more youthful-looking hands.
Key benefits of Radiesse filler:
- Immediate results: Radiesse provides immediate improvement in the treated areas, allowing you to see the effects of the treatment right away.
- Collagen stimulation: In addition to its immediate volumizing effect, Radiesse also stimulates the production of collagen in the skin. Collagen helps to improve skin elasticity, firmness, and overall quality over time.
- Long-lasting effects: The results of Radiesse can last up to a year or more, making it a durable treatment option compared to some other fillers. The calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres provide a scaffold for collagen growth, which contributes to the longevity of the results.
- Versatility: Radiesse can be used to address various concerns, including deep folds and wrinkles, facial contour deficiencies, and volume loss in areas such as the cheeks, temples, and jawline. It can be injected to neck and hands too.
- Non-surgical treatment: Radiesse is a non-surgical procedure that involves injecting the filler into the targeted areas. This means there is no need for incisions or a lengthy recovery period typically associated with surgical interventions.
How it works
Radiesse works through a combination of immediate volume enhancement and long-term collagen stimulation:
- Immediate Volume Enhancement
- Collagen Stimulation
- Gradual and Long- Lasting Effect
Post-care treatment for Radiesse:
- Ice packs: Applying ice packs or cold compresses to the treated areas can help reduce swelling and discomfort immediately after the treatment.
- Gentle care: It’s important to avoid touching, rubbing, or applying pressure to the treated areas for the first 24-48 hours to allow the filler to settle.
- Sun protection: Protecting the treated areas from excessive sun exposure is crucial. It is recommended to use sunscreen with a high SPF and wear hats or protective clothing when outdoors.
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications: avoid certain medications, such as aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which can increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection sites.
- Follow-up treatments: Depending on individual factors and desired outcomes, multiple treatment sessions may be recommended to achieve optimal results. Dr. Ahmad Othman, Dermatologist in Dubai, will guide you on the appropriate treatment plan.